Monday, June 24, 2013

Colorful Owl Pastel Drawings

Last year, I attended the Create 2012 conference in Murfreesboro, TN. Several of the teachers from my town attended, and it was great. My favorite class was one on drawing animals, and the class description said something about being "based on the style of Laurel Burch". Well, since I am a big fan of hers, mostly because of all the things she had to overcome in life, I attended. The lady was so sweet, but basically she showed us her work, and let us have at it. That was fine with me! I was ready to just make something. Having an obsession with owls, which dates back to the 70's when they were first in style, I naturally chose to draw one. This is what I came up with-
I took it to school, and the kids went wild. I don't know if it was the color, or the glitter, or what, but they BEGGED to make one. They did a great job. I believe these are from the third graders-
Pretty cute, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Hi---Are these done on 12x18" black construction paper? They look great! I'm going to try these with my 3rd graders!
    Georgi

    ReplyDelete

I'm BACK!!!! I needed a place to put my new HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT'S work, so here I am. Things got pretty overwhelming a few years ago...